Buildium is currently used to manage over 250,000 rental units and has a 96% customer satisfaction rating. This top notch software program serves landlords, property managers, and self-managed HOA members well. Buildium is a completely online management solution with no software to install.
Buildium has quickly become a very popular option for property managers, however at the same time, many people do not fully understand what Buildium can do for them. In order to determine whether or not Buildium is right for you, it is vital to understand exactly what it has to offer, as well as any potential drawbacks that may exist. Keep in mind that there are three different versions available to meet different sets of needs: Property Manager Edition, Association Edition, and Landlord Edition.
Benefits of Buildium Software
1. Nothing to Download, Install, or Maintain. Buildium is entirely online system, which means that there is no need to download or install any software on your own computer. This provides a number of advantages. The first is that you will never have to deal with any software updates or worry about your software getting outdated. Additionally, it means that you can access it from anywhere. For people who like to have their own set of data, all of the data can be easily exported whenever the need arises.
2. Automation. Buildium was designed to automate a number of time consuming tasks that will make managing a large amount of properties simple. Late fees are automatically added and late fee notifications are automatically sent when needed. Email notifications and payments receipts are automatically sent to tenants and property owners. This can also be used for monthly newsletters without the cost associated with printing them. Buildium automatically processes online payments. Automatically creates advanced financial statements, and much more.
3. Simplicity. Every section comes with detailed instructions to make using this software simple. Additionally, uploading files and pictures can be done in seconds. There is even a built in word processor to help you automatically create Move In Letters, Move Out Letters, Applications, Notifications, and much more. There is even a simple Home Base page that shows vacancies, tasks, leases ending soon, and much more. In fact, for most people they no longer even need to use additional accounting software, because of the robust, yet simple, accounting modules that are included.
1. Access. This is a drawback that will always exist with online applications. If you do not have internet access, then you will not be able to access Buildium. Additionally, if the website is down for any reason, then you will be left waiting for it to come back online. While this is rarely a problem, it can create inconveniences from time to time.
2. Overwhelming. Buildium is designed for all the needs of property owners, and if you are only tracking 10 properties, then the additional features might be a little bit of overkill.
Buildium Software in Review
In total, Buildium seems to be an elite property management software. It is heavily automated to save time and effort as well as being simple to use. However, as with all property management software, the list of features is far to great to discuss them all in detail. While several potential drawbacks exist, Buildium seems to have everything that a property manager, large or small, could want.
Read the following user reviews of Buildium to help you decide if their property management software is right for you.
Learn more about and order Buildium property management software.