Six Tips for Selling a Large Property
Selling a large property presents a unique set of challenges that can be frustrating to a homeowner. As you may have noticed, sometimes a bigger property can sit on the market while other properties sell like hotcakes. Or maybe your neighbor down the block just sold a comparable home but you haven’t even been getting offers. You’ll be glad to know that there’s hope.
If you require a real estate professional to help you sell your property, by all means hire one. The real estate market is still depressed in many parts of the country. Depending on where you live and your financial situation, putting a big house on the market can be a frightening ordeal.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be. There’s even a shortcut.
1. Almost nothing will cause a house to linger on the market month after month than a bad listing. People looking to buy a house have literally thousands of options. You have one chance to catch their attention. If they’re using a real estate agent to find properties it’s even more critical to have a mind-blowing listing. That means a well-written ad and lots of high-quality pictures.
2. As mentioned earlier, retaining a good agent can be well worth the cost of her commission.
3. repare your home for sale. Take care of any repairs, invest in expert landscaping, and if needed, consider staging and furnishing your property to further entice potential buyers. Curb appeal can get potential buyers excited about viewing your home.
4. Don’t forget about the rest of the property. The house itself isn’t all that matters. Consider updating the property’s sheds, barns and outbuildings. Updating the barn lights with A Lighting Store, installing solar panels, and adding a fresh coat of paint can do wonders to spark interest in a large property.
5. Price to sell. Take some time to get a handle on the prices of properties in your market. You have to be realistic. No amount of strategy will help you sell your property unless you’ve set the right price.
6. Get creative. Do whatever it takes to generate interest in your property. Hold Open Houses, shoot a video featuring your property and upload it to YouTube.com, print four-color flyers and distribute them around town.
When it comes to real estate the little things can make a big difference. A can of paint, some new lights, and minor repairs can give your property the edge that will get it sold quickly. Following these six tips will ensure that your property gets the attention it deserves.